Thursday, September 26, 2013

All done in Kentucky!

Well, today was my last day of family practice in Kentucky! It was actually a pretty busy day in the clinic, so that was good. Also, everyone at the clinic got me a cake! They also said they were all going to miss having me around, so that was really nice to hear. I like the clinic and the people who work there a lot, and I really did have a great time here. I'm sad to leave, but also excited to get back to Pittsburgh and to start my ER rotation!

Today, there were a lot of procedures, but nothing particularly exciting. I did a bunch of trigger point injections into sore muscles, and also did two punch biopsies of moles on someone's neck and then sewed them up so they would make prettier scars. It was good that I got to practice both suturing and doing a pelvic exam and Pap smear (yesterday) recently, since I'm sure those are two things I'll be doing fairly frequently in the ER. Earlier this week was also busy, but there wasn't anything that was super exciting. I did some knee injections for a couple of people, and saw some rare(r) conditions like gout and shingles, but that was about it.

As of right now, my car is 90% packed, so all I have to do in the morning is put the last two bags in my car and I'm good to go! I'm planning to leave pretty early so I can beat afternoon Pittsburgh traffic through the tunnel and into the city. It should be a beautiful drive, and there will be nice weather, so that's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment