Saturday, April 12, 2014

Winding down in Montana...

Well, believe it or not I only have three days left at the clinic here! Today was my last Saturday clinic day, and it was a busy one. Nothing too exciting, really - just a lot of the same types of things I've been seeing the whole time I've been here. We did have one person come into the ER with a persistent nosebleed, and I got to cauterize it using silver nitrate sticks, so that was cool!

Last week was actually relatively quiet in the clinic. I think it was because the weather finally got a little nicer, up to the 50s (and even low 60s!) most days, so people decided they didn't want to be sick or didn't want to come in. I actually got home by 5:00 twice last week! My previous record was 5:30, so that was pretty exciting.

I don't have much to say beyond that...I will definitely miss it here, though. I had a chance to drive around and explore a little today, and Montana is just beautiful. And the people are so nice! I've learned a ton of medicine here, too, and feel pretty well prepared to be a practitioner myself. Now I just have to make it through one last rotation, a few weeks of review, graduation, and the boards (and the job hunting process), and I will be! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment