Sunday, January 5, 2014

Back at it!

Well, after an amazing and much-needed winter break at home with family, I am back in Pittsburgh and ready for my sixth rotation - internal medicine. If I'm being honest, my heart's just not in it right now - I'd rather still be hanging out at home for a few more weeks! I'm hoping that getting back in the routine tomorrow will help.

This rotation should be relatively relaxing compared to my last couple rotations - this whole spring semester, in fact, is going to be much more laid back than the fall, just because of which rotations I have coming up. Internal medicine is really just general practice, but specifically for adults. So, it will be a lot of high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes, and managing all the medications that come with those. Personally, it's not fascinating to me, but my preceptor is supposed to be really nice and relaxed, so at least the rotation itself will be fun.

I'll actually only be at my rotation for the afternoon tomorrow, but I'll try to post an update about the first day anyway! Here's hoping it's either more exciting than I think it will be, or that my attitude changes with a good night's sleep. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment