Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Today was a pretty routine day in surgery ... never thought I'd be saying that!

I saw three hysterectomies (two laparoscopic, one vaginal), and they were all pretty unremarkable. One patient had some pretty serious fibroids, but that apple-peeler thing I talked about last week took care of them, though they did go through two blades! I also saw a D&C and endometrial ablation, which was pretty quick, but I got to be the first assist on that one, so that was cool! It didn't really mean much more than holding things out of the way while the doctor did the procedure, but it's always nice to be able to help.

Also, today I did some more suturing on one of the laparoscopic hysterectomy patients, and I did so well that I got a high five AND a fist bump from my preceptor! It's so cool when he gets excited about something I've done well. I think he likes seeing my progress almost as much as I do! :)

Tomorrow will be a short day in the clinic, which is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment